You Don’t Have to Visit an Auto Repair Specialist to Check Your Engine Oil
Oil is one of the most important vehicle fluids that you will need to check up on a regular basis because it keeps your car’s engine running smoothly. If you want to prevent future vehicle-related problems and avoid booking auto repair services, we highly recommend you to read the following post and learn how to check your engine’s oil without visiting a mechanic.
Take the following steps:
- The best time to check the oil is in the morning when you have not driven your vehicle for more than 10 hours and the oil has thoroughly drained from the engine. If you try to check your oil while it is still warm (immediately after you have parked your car after long hours of driving), the results that you will get won’t be accurate.
- Of course, the first thing which you will have to do is lift your hood and locate the dipstick. Make sure to have a wiping towel at hand, as you will need ot to wipe down the dipstick after you have pulled it out.
- Wipe the dipstick clean and familiarize yourself with the markings. There should be two marks, one for minimum and one for maximum oil levels.
- Completely reinsert the entire dipstick in order to get a proper reading.
- After you pull out the dipstick for the second time, compare the oil level to the marks. The oil level should be near or at the maximum oil mark. If the oil level is near or below the minimum oil mark, then you immediately need to contact your auto repair salon and schedule an oil change.
- Reinsert the dipstick, screw it tight (if necessary), and close the hood. Now you are all set to get back on the road.
If you don’t work with any specific auto repair specialist in Richmond, VA, we strongly recommend you to turn to DeVoss Auto Service LLC. We are licensed and reliable! Check our referrals in order to see the positive feedback for our services from our previous customers!